The Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown has delivered many problems. These drawbacks, however, have taught us to think differently and to resolve problems with effective practices – and, for your convenience, we have adopted telehealth.
The virus has led to many of us having reduced our outings to shops, and visits to medical practitioners. Online shopping has escalated, and video communication is starting to play a vital role in patients’ wellbeing, resulting in the healthcare industry experiencing digital progression.
The value of remote consultations is multi-faceted, and telehealth provides a high standard of care with benefits that include:
- solace for those who fear the risk of contracting Covid-19 when leaving their homes
- support for those who have difficulties with transport
- comfort for the aged who either can’t, or prefer not to, leave their homes,
- relief for those who live remotely
- and consolation for the medical practitioners whose health can be compromised by ill patients.
Telehealth is a proven, viable solution.
Conditions covered in a remotely conducted consultation include:
- the extension of a contact-lens prescription provided we have your history at hand
- advice on eye care and the use of lubricants
- advice relating to allergies, and the recommended over-the-counter medication
You’ll need to have:
- the use of a personal computer, tablet, or mobile phone with camera functionality
- Wi-Fi that works
And then you must tick all the boxes by:
- completing the consent form
- reading the small print and clicking accept
- checking the ‘consent to consult’ box
- submitting your personal details – so we get to know you
- downloading the Google Meet App
After submitting your details, you will be advised whether – or not – your condition can be treated remotely.
Technology can come with glitches. You’ll need to know how to set up and use the app ahead of your consultation. Failure to do so may result in us requesting a face-to-face consultation, based on the urgency of the care you require.
For further details on our iTelehealth campaign visit: iTelehealth
And remember to visit the promotions for our pensioners’ discount and women’s designer sunglasses (Please link to this Clyde: Our promotions highlight the importance of healthy vision as well as 30% discount on certain items, and children under the age of 12 years’ offers.
To keep informed about eye conditions and eye care, we suggest you read our previous blogs.
We offer a safe, welcoming environment, follow all the Covid-19 health protocols – and implore you to follow good eye-care practices.