Privacy of Personal Information Act
Vision Works Overport Privacy Notice
This privacy notice of Vision Works Overport explains how we collect, how we possibly use and disclose any personal information received on our website, through electronic communication and hardcopy information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
Vision Works Overport is committed to ensuring that all your personal information collected protects your privacy by ensuring that it is used properly, lawfully, and transparently.
Who we are:
We are an Optometric Franchise operating for the last 8 years. We are affiliated to Dis-chem Pty Ltd.
How we get the personal information and what we use is for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• Customer fills out a registration form that is POPI compliant
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
• WhatsApp, email, Facebook, messenger
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
• To create a profile which we use to create an invoice
We may share this information with:
• Medical aid that we submit the claim via Electronic data interface
The type of personal information We collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
• The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
• The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
• The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
• The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
• The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
• The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
We keep your information for 5 years. We will then dispose your information by deleting electronic files and shredding all in physical information.
Your data Protection rights:
• You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Avinal Bhimma. We may charge you a fee for this service.
• You may also request Avinal Bhimma to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Avinal Bhimma will undertake as soon as practicable.
• Request the destruction of your personal data. Avinal Bhimma will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Avinal Bhimma from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Name: Avinal Bhimma
Address: 7 Nguni, 45 North Beach Road, Westbrook, 4399
Phone Number: 0836096835
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact Details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
Atrium Centre, Overport
© Copyright 2021 Vision Works Overport