We are well into spring and you may be experiencing eyes that are red and swollen, or perhaps they are itchy and watering. Whatever the condition, remember the warmer weather, as well as pollen and other airborne particles, can be harsh on your eyes.
There are many over-the-counter (OTC) remedies, but we recommend you to get your eyes checked so that we can advise you about allergies as well as assess for conditions such as dry eye, tear-duct obstruction, conjunctivitis, and eyelid allergies that are rarely dangerous, but they can be annoying.
Fortunately, our user-friendly iTELEHEALTH™ online consultations allow you to receive professional advice without having to leave your home. It’s a safe, convenient way to have a consultation – no pollen, no dust, and no need to wear a mask.
Consider the following tips:
- identify and avoid the allergens that affect you
- use a weather app on your phone/computer to check the local pollen count
- wear sunglasses to keep pollen, dust, and smoke out of your eyes
- read our blog for advice on wearing glasses with your mask
- keep car windows closed
- avoid too much close contact with pets
- make a cold compress using a clean cloth – or use artificial tears to help wash allergens from your eyes.
We offer a safe, welcoming environment, follow all the Covid-19 health protocols – and implore you to follow good eye-care practices.